Thursday, July 3, 2008

Kinda weird...

I was at the microwave heating up my lunch, and I noticed a box of plastic cutlery. In it, there were 360 pieces--forks, knives, and spoons. Ideally, there would be 120 of each piece, right? Instead, there were 180 forks, 120 knives, and 60 spoons. This struck me as odd. If I wanted a box of plastic cutlery with 360 pieces--why wouldn't I want an equal amount of everything--particularly forks and knives, because if you are spearing something with a fork, you probably needed a knife to cut it. So, I thought and thought, and came up with one thing--clever marketing. You buy the box of 360--but then have to buy extra boxes to supplement the knives and spoons. That's a cool idea--but just wouldn't work for some people. You pull that nonsense with me, and we're either gonna have to share knives, or learn how to cut symmetrically with our forks and spoons. I bet they didn't count on that. Must have been a non-black person that came up with that ridiculous concept....more forks...whatever.

Just thought I would share.

No comments: