Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Down with bad drivers!!!

You know what I don't understand? I don't understand sloooow drivers. I was rushing back to work after my lunch break, on a street that had a speed limit of 40 mph. The car pulled out in front of me--and proceeded to go about 20mph. So, I got from behind them, changed the lanes a few times, then ended up behind another speed challenged car--going about 31 mph. He was really traveling a leisurely Sunday drive pace--and its not Sunday--its Wednesday, and these here are working hours, not leisure time. I tried to get a good view of the driver (yes, from the back), just to see if I could come up with a reason as to why he was were driving so slow. After about a mile and a half, I went from being aggravated, to being PISSED. Yes, a speed limit is the maximum speed you can legally travel--it’s a speed limit, not a speed requirement. But I don't get it-why wouldn’t you want to drive as fast as possible? I bet that if that driver goes to the store and sees something he wants to buy on special for buy one get one free, he will go ahead and pick up two. NO, it isn't a requirement to pick up two, but if you can get two for the price of one, why wouldn't you?!?!? I mean, slow drivers are dangerous. Haven't you seen that commercial where the guy is in the store buying something, and everyone in the line is using their Visa--but he hands the cashier money--and shit starts falling apart, people drop stuff, dogs are growling, babies are crying--he causes total chaos?? It's the same thing--I'm driving fast, and then I get behind your slow ass. I have to slow down, and make everyone else come to a halt. I'm cursing, shaking my fist at you, acting all crazy, and slowly killing myself from the stress.

Why do you want to kill me bad driver? What did I ever do to you?

Times like this make me want to be a cop. If I were a cop, I would sit in the bushes and pull people that were going more than 5 miles under the speed limit. I would put them on time out, on the side of the road. They would have to sit there 3 minutes for every mile they were under the speed limit. Can you imagine what a huge incovenience that would be? That would be AT LEAST a 15 minute time out--and if I stopped you for driving like you have way too much time to kill--I bet you're gonna be speeding in order to get there on time then, buddy...

No comments: